[Exim-Announce] News about the next Exim book

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users, exim-announce
Subject: [Exim-Announce] News about the next Exim book
At long last I am able to make a further announcement about the new Exim book.
I regret the further unforeseen delay, but I think we are now moving ahead
fairly quickly.

The title of the new book is: "The Exim SMTP Mail Server / Official guide for
Release 4". In practice, it covers the 4.10 release.

The publisher is: User Interface Technologies (http://www.uit.co.uk), a local
IT company here in Cambridge, England.

The current proposed publication schedule is to get the book to the printer by
the beginning of February. Copies should then be available the following month.

We will put up a web site for the book (with a distinctive domain name) as soon
as is practicable.

SPONSORSHIP

UIT is a small company, and I'm grateful to them for taking on the burden of
publication. Things would be a bit easier for them if we could find some
sponsors for this book. We are not looking for lots of small handouts, but if a
few corporate sponsors - for example, big ISPs who use Exim - felt able to
provide some sponsorship, it would help with the publication of the book. This
would be one way of contributing to the Exim community.

In exchange for sponsorship, a sponsor will be offered a page in the
book to describe themselves and/or how they use Exim. Please get in
touch with me off-list as soon as possible if you interested in becoming
a sponsor.

Philip