Re: [Exim] SMTP_AUTH problems with Exim 4.10 amd OS X Server

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: dave@nisus.com
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP_AUTH problems with Exim 4.10 amd OS X Server
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, dave@??? wrote:

> My client is sendin that command, I was not using telnet.

Well, if your client really sends such crap, your should look out for
another one :)

> When I get back into the office, I will run the exim -d -bh 10.0.1.2.

check auth_advertise_hosts in your configfile, in the most cases, it
should be

auth_advertise_hosts = *

or at least

auth_advertise_hosts = !+relay_hosts

the first one will advertise AUTH to ALL connecting clients, the other one
will restrict the announcement to clients not in your relay_hosts
hostlist (which prevents some problems with broken clients, that want to
authenticate in any case if AUTH is published).

ciao