Re: [Exim] Email forwarding with virtual users

Author: Daniel Cooper
To: masta
CC: dcooper, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Email forwarding with virtual users
Ok,
I am using exim 4.10, and I am happy to upgrade to the lastest if required.
This smtp server is serving about 5 different domains.
Most of the uses have no real understanding on how to use computers (read:
family), hence I do not want to give them logins on my computer.

All the MailDirs exit under /opt/services/<domain>/<local_part> on the
file system.

I have this in my exim.conf for the redirects, however I basically copied
it off the manual.

I am not sure of a way for the users to easily modify their .forward files
yet, so I have no preference to use .forward files in the MailDirs or a
single file in (eg. /etc/mailforwards).
For the moment, I imagine I will manually update the forwards, but in the
future, if there is a way to make this functionality available to the
users, then I will try and get that working.

Thanks again,
Daniel