Re: [Exim] problem with main domain (virtual hosts) -- need …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Attila
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] problem with main domain (virtual hosts) -- need help
On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Attila wrote:

> OK, but then this means that * cannot be used at all for the main
> domain?!?

I believe that I already posted two ways of doing that:

(1) Use new_director in Exim 3 or redirect_router in Exim 4 to prevent
re-aliasing, or, if you can't do that (because you want re-aliasing for
some entries),

(2) Ensure that whatever * aliases to is also in the alias file.

> Just a silly idea: what happened if I changed the line in exim.conf:
> qualify_domain = domain1.com
> to this:
> qualify_domain = localhost
> Maybe then it would add @localhost to unqualified user names and maybe
> it worked?? Or would it ruin other things?!

It would certainly add @localhost to unqualified user names. Whether
this would ruin other things depends on the rest of your configuration.

> set the bad config for a half a minute, then I get a lot of mails
> delivered to the wrong mailbox! So I have just a very little
> possibility to make experiments...

You can use "exim -C /test/config -bt address" to make experiments. Add
-d (or -d9 for Exim 3) for debugging information. Check out the manual
for those options.