Re: [Exim] problem with main domain (virtual hosts) -- need …

Author: Attila
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users, Nico Erfurth
Subject: Re: [Exim] problem with main domain (virtual hosts) -- need help
Hello,

> Yup. Exim always works with fully qualified email addresses. There is
> no concept of a local part without a domain.

OK, but then this means that * cannot be used at all for the main
domain?!? It would sound very bad. You can see the problem: all local
user addresses are translated to "localuser@???" then it goes
and looks it up in the domain1.com's file.

But the weird thing is that this is not true for anything else in the
domain1.com's file but the * ! I know because I tried it... It's very
strange.

Just a silly idea: what happened if I changed the line in exim.conf:
qualify_domain = domain1.com
to this:
qualify_domain = localhost
Maybe then it would add @localhost to unqualified user names and maybe
it worked?? Or would it ruin other things?!

The problem is that there are lots of emails coming in and if I just
set the bad config for a half a minute, then I get a lot of mails
delivered to the wrong mailbox! So I have just a very little
possibility to make experiments...

Any idea? :)

Attila