Re: [Exim] helo_data

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Jonas Jacobsson, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] helo_data
At 8:16 +0100 2002/12/19, Jonas Jacobsson wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm on a mailing list that require that the helo command
>sends the fully qualifyed domain name and not just the hostname

they are absolutely correct, without much of a stress of the
imagination the RFCs specify that the argumant has indeed to be the
FQDN.

>as it does by default. So I searched the documentation and found this:

who does that by default. I bet that is your system that returns that wrong.

>"helo_data (smtp)

well, I do not have your version (upgrade?), but in my default
configuration I see:

# Specify your host's canonical name here. This should normally be the fully
# qualified "official" name of your host. If this option is not set, the
# uname() function is called to obtain the name. In many cases this does
# the right thing and you need not set anything explicitly.

# primary_hostname =

>What's wrong? Have I misunderstod something?
>
>Exim version: 3.35-1
>Doc. version: 3.3x

and if your server indeed does not send a fqdn, it will not get
through my own server...

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/