Re: [Exim] queue_smtp_domains, different behavior (Answering…

Author: Brett Thorson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] queue_smtp_domains, different behavior (Answering my own issue)
In the interest of getting it into a search engine for others to find, here is
what was happening.

I had a procmail script that would look for certain things, and throw them in
certain folders if the tests passed. I tested this, and thought that it
worked. But I never let a message fall all the way through.

The script as it was running with sendmail before, used to just fail through,
and then tack it onto the users inbox in /var.

Exim didn't do that. Instead it got to the bottom and said "Now What?" Which
technically I think is more correct than before. I mean I said it was going
to a script, so that script should handle it. In any case, I added a catch
all at the bottom of the procmail script to throw it into the users home
directory.

Just like the documentation, once you fix it, force one through, it will
remove it from the retry database, and all the others will get tried again.

Pretty slick when I know how it works!

Thanks for not flaming me!

--Brett