[Exim] queue_smtp_domains, different behavior

Author: Brett Thorson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] queue_smtp_domains, different behavior
This is something new that just started happening, so maybe I just never ran the system this hard, but I was hoping I could get some advice.

I have i.org in queue domains. Which means that every message that comes in has to wait for a queue run in order to get processed. That's normally what happens. The first queue run comes by and it gets processed.
But I noticed a bunch of these sitting in the queue, and this is what the log says.

I think I understand the queue domains, and the retry times. What I can't figure out is why the two are combined this time. How come it fell into retry mode. Surely it could have delivered the message to procmail.
Why did it bother with a retry? It doesn't appear to have failed the first time.
Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks much (and I mean it, having the developer and kinds folks like Nico here really helps!!)

--Brett

2002-12-18 10:57:22 18OgZW-0006eC-00 <= owner-i@??? U=majordomo P=local S=26640
2002-12-18 10:57:22 18OgZW-0006eC-00 == i-approval@??? routing defer (-55): domain is in queue_domains
2002-12-18 10:58:21 18OgZW-0006eC-00 == |/usr/bin/procmail -m /home/Imailadm/.procmailrc || exit 75 (Imailadm@???) <i-approval@???> R=userforward T=address_pipe defer (-52): Retry time not yet reached