Re: [Exim] 4.12 bug-fix release

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4.12 bug-fix release
On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> Maybe you should declare new releases as Release Candidates before
> making it a real release.
>
> Many people are afraid of using snapshots, but a RC indicates "Well,
> it's stable, try it and inform me about problems."

That is a point, but even when I have put x.xxx releases in Testing -
i.e. given them a number and not just called them snapshots - some
people have been reluctant to try them.

I *always* get a lot more feedback when I create a "real" release. I
guess it's just human nature.

Perhaps I should make more frequent releases.