[Exim] Problem with hotmail? (ie, how to "debug" it)

Author: Ariel Garcia
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Problem with hotmail? (ie, how to "debug" it)
Hello,

my mails to hotmail addresses bounce with a 554 Transaction failed.
Searching this mailing list i found an explanation saying that this was due
simply to the overloaded hotmail servers not following a decent (client
friendly) procedure and immediately rejecting the email instead of
issueing a more reasonable error.

However i am a little bit worried if it could be some other problem with my
site config because with exim it is happening always since a few days and
no email was rejected when sending from other hosts using other mail
servers (sendmail, MSmail).

In the logfile I have:

2002-12-16 21:56:49 18O2IC-0003I5-00 ** anybody-email@???
R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
FROM:<ariel.garcia@???> SIZE=1598: host mx2.hotmail.com
[65.54.254.145]: 554 Transaction failed

Any tip of a way to know more precisely what it is happening?

(I am running exim 3.35 on linux/debian, tls version)

Please, CC me as I am not subscribed to the mailinglist. Thanks!

Rgds, Ariel