Re: [Exim] Shadow Transport glitch - REVISITED

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Shadow Transport glitch - REVISITED
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> I have run debug for delivery and I've realized why this condition is not
> doing what I intended to do. The problem is actually with me. My setup
> delivers mail locally using two transports, and two routers to boot.
>
> We use procmail as LDA for scanning spam for local users. However, users
> have to subscribe to this, thus the condition.
>
> procmail:
> driver = accept
> check_local_user
> transport = procmail_pipe
> condition = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/spamcheck_users}{yes}{no}}
>
> When this condition is TRUE, this mail is not passed to localuser router.
>
> localuser:
> driver = accept
> check_local_user
> transport = local_delivery
>
> So once a an e-mail is processed by the procmail router, that's it.
> I still need to keep a backup copy of this mail.
>
> I am wondering if someone has some thoughts on how to go about this.
> Would it suffice to just set a shadow transport to the procmail_pipe
> transport???

I've never used shadow_transport so can't answer your question directly.
You could also consider the "unseen" option, so that the mail continues
to be processed even when your procmail transport succeeds.

You are trying to filter spam; you may need a test in localuser so
that something different happens if procmail finds any, otherwise this
could just by-pass the filter ?

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna