Re: [Exim] string_sprintf

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] string_sprintf
At 10:42 +0000 2002/12/11, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>
>> Just to check, but I think that I must pay attention not to assign
>> *errmsg = string_sprintf twice or more in a row before returning from
>> my routines, otherwise it will leak (besides being pointless).
>> Correct?
>
>Are you talking about local_scan() here? I assume so.

actually I was referring to lookups. But I guess that's about the same.

>string_sprintf() uses pooled store which is rolled back between
>multiple messages that arrive in the same SMTP connection. Using it more
>than once makes no difference. However, in the next release of Exim

good to know, less concern.

>(which will be out in a few minutes) I have made it possible to use
>non-rolled-back memory.

Got it! I will gladly use the new features: drop, defer and all that.

Thanks

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/