Re: [Exim] string_sprintf

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] string_sprintf
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> Just to check, but I think that I must pay attention not to assign
> *errmsg = string_sprintf twice or more in a row before returning from
> my routines, otherwise it will leak (besides being pointless).
> Correct?

Are you talking about local_scan() here? I assume so.

string_sprintf() uses pooled store which is rolled back between
multiple messages that arrive in the same SMTP connection. Using it more
than once makes no difference. However, in the next release of Exim
(which will be out in a few minutes) I have made it possible to use
non-rolled-back memory.