Re: [Exim] acl question

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Jeffrey Wheat, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl question
At 10:07 -0500 2002/12/06, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:
>In exim 4.10, it is possible to do something like this?
>
>deny          sender_domains  = aol.com
>               message         = X-Forgery: NOT AN AOL MAILER ($h_X-Mailer)
>               condition       = ${if match
>{$h_X-Mailer:}{.*[Aa][Oo][Ll].*} {no}{yes}}

>I'd like to somehow harvest the X-Mailer in these messages.

since this can only be done after the DATA phase, why not instead
check that the server is indeed in the aol domain? This can be done
in the RCPT phase and is thus more effective (in my humble opinion).

I am personally thinking of doing this check as default and only
spare addresses and domains that I know to be good (but I have just a
few users). There are many variations on this, but I would not
publicise them excessively, to be on the safe side. One check to be
done is certainly for senders that claim to be in your own domain, a
quite popular spammers' device.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/