Re: [Exim] local_scan() addition: views sought

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_scan() addition: views sought
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:04:32AM -0500, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
> mail servers isn't that difficult to store. I'm also just not sure any of the
> above reasons are compelling enough to force an API change.

1) yes, I keep my logs, no everyone doesn't
2) my request doesn't change the API, please go read it again.
It makes use of the return_text variable that was designed exactly to
return the data message to send back to the other server.
it just happens to be read right now in the 2xx case (but it is for 4xx
and 5xx)

> I'm not saying you are. I just think an API change that breaks compatibility
> of existing local_scan() functions in a point release isn't that good of

I won't argue this forever, there's no point, and again, no the change does
not need to break compatibility.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key