Re: [Exim] relaying : missing something.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Thomas Kinghorn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relaying : missing something.
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Thomas Kinghorn wrote:

> I have tried to control the relaying from my server but I am missing
> something.
>
> How do you stop open relay.
> I have to be secondary to 2000+ domains but seem to be able to relay
> to hotmail even though its not one of the domain in my relay_to_domains
> list.

What is your evidence that you are relaying? What does it say in Exim's
log lines, for example?

> Here is what I have:
>
> domainlist local_domains = @
> domainlist relay_to_domains = lsearch;/usr/exim/virtual/rtdomains
> hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1
>
> acl_check_rcpt:
>   accept  hosts = +relay_from_hosts
>   deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
>   accept  local_parts   = postmaster
>           domains       = +local_domains

>   # Deny unless the sender address can be verified.
>   require verify        = sender

That ACL doesn't look like an open relay. But I suspect you haven't
quoted all of it, because "require verify=sender" as a last statement
doesn't do a whole lot of good, since it isn't followed by any accepts.