Re: [Exim] local_scan() addition: views sought

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_scan() addition: views sought
On 03-Dec-2002 at 10:57:44 Philip Hazel wrote:
> I'm adding some requested features to the local_scan() API. One of them
> is the ability to specify a message as part of the 250 SMTP response
> when local_scan() accepts a message. The current interface has only one
> string that local_scan() passes back: for failures this string is
> already used for the SMTP response, but for successes, it is used to set
> $local_scan_data to pass on data with the message for use by routers and
> transports.

[snipped]
> All characters before the first newline are saved in local_scan_data;
> All characters after the first newline (including any more newlines)
> become part of the 250 response.

Sounds fine for our site. We tend to only set local_scan_data to a short
word anyway - 'scanned' for mail that has been scanned and 'not-scanned' for
those it omits. The routers then decide what to do based on the value. No
need for an 'accepted message' as such (in our case).

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???