Re: [Exim] Having exim look for multiple configuration files

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Having exim look for multiple configuration files
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:26:45 +0000 (GMT), Dr Andrew C Aitchison
<A.C.Aitchison@???> wrote:
>Could you do this by shipping a default /etc/exim.conf which is simply:
>
>    .include /var/exim.conf

>then the exim binary would not need to look in /var ?
>
>(I don't imagine that the overhead on an include is very different from
>that of looking for more than one file.)

I didn't benchmark it, but I believe that a failed stat() is much less
than stat, open and read. And since Philip has implemented the feature
in the mean time, this discussion is senseless ;)

Thanks again, Philip, you're great.

Greetings
Marc