RE: [Exim] spam assassin router - check if spamd is running?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Strawson
A: Clive Goodhead, exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] spam assassin router - check if spamd is running?
Same idea here, although different mechanism. We also took the view that
it's more important to deliver the mail, than mark it as spam checked.
Although with the increase in spam that view may well change - when the spam
system does stop working it is noticed and I do get complaints!

The way we do it though is to run the spam checking as a transport_filter
option in the transport (we only spam check local deliveries), thus (exim
3):

localuser_transport:
    <other options>
    transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc

Works very well - if spamd dies then mail goes through, but without the spam
marking headers (it's up to local users what they do with the spam
information). A transport_filter may not be appropriate for your setup
though.

Ben.