Re: [Exim] ACLs, local_scan() and multiple recipients

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Clive Goodhead
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ACLs, local_scan() and multiple recipients
On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:55:32AM -0000, Clive Goodhead wrote:
> It appears to me that if a warning header is added in an
> 'acl_smtp_rcpt' ACL and the header added depends on whether or
> not the domain is local or not then two different messages (i.e.,
> one with the new header and one without) will be passed to the
> local_scan() function.
>
> I am looking for confirmation that the above is indeed the case.

You are correct, the above will work, I use it from SA-Exim.

BTW, you're welcome to borrow code if that can help
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/sa-exim-cvs/sa-exim.c

> I am also looking for confirmation that the addition of the header
> described above would cause a maximun of two messages to be
> processed, i.e., it would not for some reason cause exim to
> process a message for each recipient.

You only see one, exim ACLs do not duplicate a messsage internally to
add a header for some receipients but not others.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key