[Exim] ACLs, local_scan() and multiple recipients

Author: Clive Goodhead
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ACLs, local_scan() and multiple recipients
I am writing an exim local_scan function. The function needs to
take action only for messages to be delivered locally. However,
local users can (and do) send messages (authenticating using
SMTP AUTH) to multiple recipients and sometimes the recipients
include both local and remote email addresses.

Normally, exim "receives" the message, "processes" it through
the ACLs and passes it to the local_scan() function, i.e., it is
"processed" just once however many recipients it has.

It appears to me that if a warning header is added in an
'acl_smtp_rcpt' ACL and the header added depends on whether or
not the domain is local or not then two different messages (i.e.,
one with the new header and one without) will be passed to the
local_scan() function.

I am looking for confirmation that the above is indeed the case.
I am also looking for confirmation that the addition of the header
described above would cause a maximun of two messages to be
processed, i.e., it would not for some reason cause exim to
process a message for each recipient.

Regards

Clive Goodhead