Re: [Exim] retry db owned by root

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kirill Miazine
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] retry db owned by root
* Philip Hazel [2002-11-26 20:56]:
> > drwxr-x---  2 exim  exim  512 Nov 26 19:27 .
> > drwxr-x---  5 exim  exim  512 Nov 25 14:13 ..
> > -rw-r-----  1 root  exim    0 Nov 26 19:27 retry
> > -rw-r-----  1 root  exim    0 Nov 26 19:27 retry.lockfile

> > Contents of /tmp/test.debug follows will be sent in a separate mail, but
> > it doesn't contain the above mentioned lines :/
>
> Ah, but it does contain:
>
> > failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/retry: Inappropriate file
> > type or formatno retry data available
>
> The missing newline is a typo that I noticed (and fixed) yesterday while
> looking at this code.
>
> This error means it failed to open the file for some reason. That's why
> it isn't doing the chmod. It thinks that it hasn't managed to create it.
> I guess I should modify the code to check for files to chmod even if it
> appears that the creation has failed.
>
> But I don't know why the creation fails. I don't know what
> "Inappropriate file type of format" means. That errno doesn't seem to
> exist on Solaris or Linux. Can you take a look on your system to see if
> you can find out what exactly it means? The errnos are usually listed if
> you run "man -2 intro" or "man -S 2 intro".
>
> What DB library are you using?

exim -bV says it's Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode).

> I have in fact re-arranged the code there a little bit, and there is
> more debugging. Tomorrow I am planning on releasing a new snapshot. I
> will make the change mentioned above, and then you can try again.

Yes, thanks. In fact, the retry db is owned by root no matter what user
invoked exim. I tried with 4.10 that I still have around (on another
machine, OpenBSD 3.2) and the problem is there too.

--
Kirill Miazine, Stud.Jur.                               mailto:sig@krot.org
Faculty of Law, University of Oslo                      http://km.krot.org/