Re: [Exim] retry db owned by root

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] retry db owned by root
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Kirill Miazine wrote:

> drwxr-x---  2 exim  exim  512 Nov 26 19:27 .
> drwxr-x---  5 exim  exim  512 Nov 25 14:13 ..
> -rw-r-----  1 root  exim    0 Nov 26 19:27 retry
> -rw-r-----  1 root  exim    0 Nov 26 19:27 retry.lockfile

> Contents of /tmp/test.debug follows will be sent in a separate mail, but
> it doesn't contain the above mentioned lines :/

Ah, but it does contain:

> failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/retry: Inappropriate file type or formatno retry data available

The missing newline is a typo that I noticed (and fixed) yesterday while
looking at this code.

This error means it failed to open the file for some reason. That's why
it isn't doing the chmod. It thinks that it hasn't managed to create it.
I guess I should modify the code to check for files to chmod even if it
appears that the creation has failed.

But I don't know why the creation fails. I don't know what
"Inappropriate file type of format" means. That errno doesn't seem to
exist on Solaris or Linux. Can you take a look on your system to see if
you can find out what exactly it means? The errnos are usually listed if
you run "man -2 intro" or "man -S 2 intro".

What DB library are you using?

I have in fact re-arranged the code there a little bit, and there is
more debugging. Tomorrow I am planning on releasing a new snapshot. I
will make the change mentioned above, and then you can try again.