Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: byname vs bydns for manualroute

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Peter Benie, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: byname vs bydns for manualroute
ons, 2002-11-20 kl. 11:38 skrev Philip Hazel:

> > Anyway, the point is that there's a reasonable chance that nscd is the
> > culprit. Try disabling it and doing your experiment again.

> Thank you. I will do that.

I'd like to back up Peter's surmise. nscd 2.2.4 and previous (Red Hat
Linux and BIND 9.2.1) completely throw Exim 4.10.8 when using Openldap
2.1.x for authentication (ldaps). nscd doesn't fail immediately, but
after a few hours up. Luckily I keep a 'tail -f' on Exim's mainlog.

I've thrown out nscd as hopeless - without it all stays working for long
periods (like weeks).

Best,

Tony

--