Re[2]: [Exim] mail dissapearing .. ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re[2]: [Exim] mail dissapearing .. ?
On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 07:38:14 -0800 Toby Coleridge <toby@???> wrote:

...stuff that my mail client didn't copy over to this reply, but no
matter...

if your problem is that local delivery isn't happening, you've touched on
one of the dumber aspects of fetchmail -- it insists on resubmission to the
local MTA.

there is an easy way to deal with this.

punt fetchmail and switch to getmail.

getmail is a python script that is designed to do 90% of the things that
fetchmail does, w/o the braindamage in design and implementation. it does
local delivery to mbox or maildir style mailboxes w/o resubmitting to the
MTA. i have used it for a while, and it's great.

http://www.qcc.sk.ca/~charlesc/software/getmail-2.0/

so my vote is to stop mucking about trying to deal with fetchmail weirdness
and use a program that is designed properly. your exim config will thank
you for it.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???