[Exim] How to identify hanging Exim process?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ralf G. R. Bergs
A: exim-users ML
Asunto: [Exim] How to identify hanging Exim process?
Hi there,

due to very low memory constraints I'm forced to limit the number of
simultaneous incoming SMTP calls that Exim will accept and the number of
delivery processes that Exim starts automatically when receiving messages via
SMTP (I'm using SpamAssassin on a 40 meg box ;-)

Now and then I see an Exim son process hanging around for more than half an
hour. If I send a SIGTERM it I will see the following in mainlog:

    SMTP connection from <mailhub> closed after SIGTERM

Is there ANY way to identify which message this process was trying to handle and
why it blocked? Not even an "strace -p <pid>" did the trick, it just sat there
doing nothing... :-(

Thanks,

Ralf

--