[Exim] dnslookup router

Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] dnslookup router
Like everyone else (I hope so) my first router (for remote deliveries) is:

lookuphost:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
transport = remote_smtp

I hope this is what everyone else has, no?

My problem is that when dnslookup fails (when my uplink is dead), my server
rejects mail and sends out a "temporary dnslookup failure" error to the submitter.
This is not good for me.

I'd like the mail to be accept the mails, queue them and then retry later.
Perhaps that requirement is being met eslewhere in the config file and not
this router???

Thanks

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

I went to the race track once and bet on a horse that was so good that
it took seven others to beat him!