Re: [Exim] Virus Scanning

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Virus Scanning
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:28:18 -0000 Timothy wrote:

> Does anyone recommend any virus scanning products for Exim?

Use Exiscan plus some kind of daemon-based scanner - it currently supports
Sophie (for Sophos SAVI), kavdaemon (for Kaspersky AV) and the
OpenAntivirus daemon.

I've personally used the Sophos support, which is pretty easy and clean to
set up (and you can find RPM spec files on my website), but if you want a
free solution then you'll want the OpenAV support. Alternatively, you
might be interested in the fact that I'm currently experimenting with a
hacked (by me) version that interfaces with the ClamAV daemon. (Others who
are running ClamAV normally do it via the commandline, but if you are
processing a lot of mail as you say you are, then that's going to add some
extra overhead).

Tim