Re: [Exim] AOL refusing mails : bad headers ? open relay ?

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: Jerome Arnaud, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] AOL refusing mails : bad headers ? open relay ?
On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:34:10AM -0800,
Jeremy C. Reed <reed@???> is thought to have said:

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Jerome Arnaud wrote:
>
> > primary_hostname = mail.akoor.com
>
> Is this sending from 193.251.51.108?
>
> I believe it is blacklisted by xbl.selwerd.cx, outputs.orbz.org,
> inputs.orbz.org, and blackholes.five-ten-sg.com.

Umm, ORBZ is dead. It lists 0.0.0.0 now. You should definnitely not be using
ORBZ on a live mail server. Unless of course you like getting no mail.

The other two lists contain large netblocks (often listing whole backbones)
and are probably not his problem either.

To the original poster: Contact AOL and ask. They're pretty responsive. Call
the number listed in the whois for aol.com or go to
http://postmaster.info.aol.com for details.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality