Re: [Exim] local_domains not recognised

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dave Raven
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_domains not recognised
On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Dave Raven wrote:

> daemon running with uid=26 gid=6 euid=26 egid=6
> listening on port 25...
> )
>
> however; when I    echo "test" |mail postmaster@???
> I see NOTHING whatsoever in the -d9 window. Absolutely nothing.

You won't unless the "mail" command submits its message to the MTA using
TCP/IP. The daemon receives only TCP/IP messages. Presumably on your
system the "mail" command uses Exim's command-line interface.

> In the log though, I see this:
>
> 2002-11-06 09:43:12 189KqG-0000rE-00 ==
> postmaster@???
> R=lookuphost defer (-1): remote host address is the local host

Don't you also see a "<=" line that marks the arrival of the message?

> If I run an exim -bt -d9 postmaster@??? ; it tells
> me that
> the mail was delivered successfully

No, it tells you that that address was *routed* successfully.

> postmaster@???
> deliver to postmaster@???
> router = amavis_router, transport = amavis
> search_tidyup called

... and routed to amavis. Presumably the problem is actually occurring
when the message comes back from amavis. So you need to run the test
with whatever magic you use to skip that routing so that it does the
post-amavis routing.