Re: [Exim] Exim Mysql qpopper and other questions

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Anand Buddhdev
To: Stefaans Mostert
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim Mysql qpopper and other questions
Stefaans Mostert wrote:

> Hallo all
>
> I am new to exim and need to know a couple of things.
> usual newbie questions I suppose ;-)
>
> I have baught the O' Reilly book but I need to know a few additional things
> Is there a nice tutorial covering exim & qpopper & Mysql? Freshmeat and google
> seem to not have anything
> Does anyone know of a nice webmail client that can auth from the same mysql
> database?

Instead of qpopper, I recommend courier-pop, part of the courier suite,
which also happens to include sqwebmail, a webmail client. Both
courier-pop and sqwebmail can authenticate out of a mysql database.
However, note that both courier-pop and sqwebmail will only read Maildir
format, and since exim supports it, and it is much better than mbox for
performance, I recommend that you also switch to Maildir while you're at it.

http://www.courier-mta.org

After looking at that site, you might even want to use courier entirely,
including its smtp server, instead of exim ;)

> Is there a utillity that someone on the list has used to convert from standard
> mailfile (append file) to maildir ?

Go to http://www.qmail.org. There are a number of mbox-to-Maildir
conversion tools there.

--