Re: [Exim] Two items - help requested

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ken Reiss
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Two items - help requested
On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Ken Reiss wrote:

> Regarding #1: It is version 3.12 - Is there a way to do this in V 3?

Not straightforwardly; maybe not at all. I'm afraid my memory of v3 is
fast disappearing. Maybe you could set up a director with verify_only
set which bounces the address if the sending host is wrong, and then
turn on receiver_verify.

> Regarding #2: It is very old, using 1.62. (I know I should upgrade, but it's
> just a spooler and is still working ok). I couldn't find manualroute for this
> ver, so I tried the domainlist router and it said it wants either a route_list
> or route_file or route_query. When I use any of these, I get "2002-11-04
> 05:39:32 Exim configuration error "route_list" unknown in line 125"

My memory of 1.62 is even less than 3.12, but the old domainlist router
did work with route_list from the start of Exim. Did you put it in the
wrong part of the config, perhaps? That's what that error suggests.

> Here's the code I'm using:
>
> frompsmtp:
> driver = domainlist
> route_list = "portone.com:a:a";

1. Where is this placed in the config?
2. A route list starts with ONE domain pattern, followed by a host list.
The two are separated by spaces.