Re: [Exim] Blacklisting dynamic IP ranges versus dyndns.org

Author: Scott M. Nolde
To: Matthew Palmer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blacklisting dynamic IP ranges versus dyndns.org
Matthew Palmer(mjp16@???)@2002.11.01 11:13:08 +0000:
> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Scott M. Nolde wrote:
>
> > I've been able to block a lot of stuff coming from domains in HELO i don't
> > like (maybe this isn't real HELO blocking, but it's close):
> > sender_verify
> > sender_reject_recipients = ! /etc/exim/whitelist : \
> >                            dbm;/etc/exim/spammers.db

> That doesn't work with the data supplied by the HELO command, it works on
> the domain part of the address supplied by the MAIL command.

Right... but it works for me... but what about making a director to pass
the email to a script which reads the HELO information from the exim
logfile and test for a successful match against the dyndns DNS?

This would be cpu-intensive, but could catch a few of the domains.

I'm about out of $0.02.

--
Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48