Re: [Exim] can't configure exim (FQDN hostname doesn't match…

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] can't configure exim (FQDN hostname doesn't match)
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:57:12 +0000 Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:57:22PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> >
> > Sorry if I sound dense, but given that example.com is not routable
> over the
> > 'net, where does the question of uniqueness of invented names come
> into the
> > picture?

> Since example.com is just a domain name, routing is irrelevant.

i probably missed where someone undoubtedly pointed this out earlier -- but
for systems with dynamically assigned IPs, i think that a service like
dyndns.org seems to be the way to go. i just turned it up for my cable
modem, and i'll likely be using it to solve a dynamic dns problem for
a project i'm doing for a client right now.

you're still not going to get matching reverse lookups for destination
sites with particularly anal MTA configurations, but that seems to be
pretty much a lost cause. i don't even have the beginnings of an answer
for that.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???