Re: domain name for home/dialup machines ? was Re: [Exim] ca…

Author: Tony Finch
To: A.C.Aitchison
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: domain name for home/dialup machines ? was Re: [Exim] can't configure exim (FQDN hostname doesn't match)
Dr Andrew C Aitchison <A.C.Aitchison@???> wrote:

>(Slaps forehead). Of course. I wanted a name to go with my RFC1918 IP
>address; and something.example.com is clearly the solution.

It does have a drawback in that it's tricky to guarantee uniqueness
of invented names under example.com. If you don't have a vanity domain
a good alternative is to use a free subdomain registrar; in your case
aca21.ucam.org would be a fair choice :-)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
Colwyn Bay to the Mull of Galloway including the Isle of Man. Sea State: