Re: [Exim] Rejecting email -> Mailing List Organisation

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: Phil White, exim-users@exim.org
On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Phil White wrote:
>
> > I have always waded through a large volume of mail from this list, and until
> > recently have had to manually delete Exim v4 mail (Exim v3 was then
> > archived). As the configuration of the two versions are so different, surely
> > such a split would be useful?
>
> But the plan is to phase out Exim 3, not to encourage its continued use. I
> believe it is okay to continue to help with Exim 3 on the official Exim
> list (while encouraging move to Exim 4).

ACK!

I would like to see the exim3-support continued on the list, but noone
should help, if the user does not provide his configuration (at least the
exim-version). For me it's very frustrating to guess the exim-version all
the time, and I think most of the others have the same opinion.

If someone does not provide the version, ask him!
Don't reply with an possible answer, people will never learn it this way.

ciao