Re: [Exim] Rewriting problem

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Elimar Riesebieter
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rewriting problem
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> The sender_address_domain is looking for the Header From. What I
> want is to rewrite this header similar to the From:. The
> sender_address_domain looks for the local domain in From and the
> smart host(s) only accept(s) mail from it's own domain. I'll study
> spec.txt.gz to find a parameter something like From:_address_domain.

$sender_address_domain contains the domain from the envelope sender.
This is not the same as the address in From:. Indeed, there are
permitted to be more than one address in From:, though this is not often
used.

> I do have a local domain with 10 users. These users all have
> different mail accounts (isp's).

It seems to me that these users should then set up their MUAs to specify
their addresses correctly when they send messages.