[Exim] Issues with exim and NOT relaying

Author: Rikk Sullenberger
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Issues with exim and NOT relaying
Hi all,

I'm having issues getting Exim 3.36 to act as a backup mx'er...

A little background here....

I'm using 3 mx'ers setting behind a BigIP. I am acting as a backup mx'er for
about 3000 domains.

I have specified the mailers name in the config file (primary_hostname =
mx7.smtp.psi.net)

Originally I used "relay_domains_include_local_mx" in the config file but
some of the domains where not getting their mail. I checked using dig -t mx
to see if in fact the mx'er was listed, it was.

I then tried to add a flat list... "relay_domains =
lsearch:/usr/local/exim_mx7/hosts_allow"

The flat file basicly looks like this;
    Domain1.com
    Domain2.com
    Domain3.com
    Domain4.com
        Etc
          Etc

Still doesn't work... Any one have any ideas?

BTW, the mx'ers are just that, back up mx'ers they do not act as out going
mail.

Any help would be most apriciated!

Rikk