[Exim] Re: Lines: xxx mail header and maildir

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Lines: xxx mail header and maildir
+++ Marc MERLIN [19/10/02 09:28 -0700]:
> The problem is that I then read my mail with mutt, which reads the
> for all the maildir messages since they lack that header.
> Apparently the header doesn't get added anywhere.

Lines:, if it exists, should be added by the local delivery agent. Exim is
generally its own local delivery agent - so you can add that header in Exim
if you like.

Or, as a workaround, set the $index_format variable in your .muttrc to report
size instead of lines.

set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15L (%4c) %s"

for example.

    -suresh