Re: [Exim] FW: [Openna-users] 501 error

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Segree, Gareth
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] FW: [Openna-users] 501 error
On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 10:23:04AM -0500,
Segree, Gareth <Gareth.Segree@???> is thought to have said:

> I'm getting the following error receiving mail from a particular address.
>
> Domain <gleanerjm.com> refused connection - <mail server IP address> - HELO
> failure
> <501 Syntactically invalid HELO argument(s)>.501 Syntactically invalid HELO
> argument(s)>

Ok. As the error message is telling you, that server is sending your mail
server a HELO that is invalid. You've configured your server to reject
reject invalid HELO arguments. Use the various helo_* options to control
what you accept and what you reject.

Tabor

P.S. Your pref 20 MX for gleanerjm.com is wrong. MX records are FQDNs like
'mail.example.com' not IP addresses.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality