Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 is not recognizing local UNIX mail boxe…

Author: jgolden
To: John (TJ) Penton
CC: exim-users, Nico Erfurth
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 is not recognizing local UNIX mail boxes
John and Nico,
Hey I got it, and you were right Nico. Instead of uid = $local_part, I
needed to put user = $local_part.
She works fine now.
Thanks for your kind assistance.
You all have a wonderful day and weekend.

Sincerely,
Joseph T. Golden
Systems/Networks Administrator
Unix/Linux
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
540.663.9251 ext 6289

                    "John (TJ)
                    Penton"               To:     Nico Erfurth <masta@???>
                    <john@the-fore        cc:     jgolden@???, <exim-users@???>
                    st.org.uk>            Subject:     Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 is not recognizing local UNIX mail
                                          boxes
                    10/18/02 01:41
                    PM

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> jgolden@??? wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I currently have Exim 4.10 installed on a Sun Ultra Enterprise -2, with
> > Solaris 8 as my OS.
> > My configure file passes all tests with no errors. This box is a

secondary
> > MTA for the domain,
> > and also main mail source for the UNIX users here with local mail boxes

in
> > /var/mail/{user name}.
> > The problem I encounter is that mail does not get delivered to local

mail
> > boxes, it is deferred, due to the following
> > error report;
> >
> > 32:49 182VN3-0003gt-00 == {user name}@??? R=unix_users
> > T=local_delivery defer (-6): mailbox /var/mail/{user name} has wrong

uid
> > (231 != 1069)
> >
> > Now my mail user I set up for Exim upon building the configuration is

exim.
> > user id for exim is 1069
> > group is mail and group id is 6.
> >
> > Need some help on this issue in resolving this group and user id.
>
> Set in your transport or router
>
> uid=$local_part

Or:
chgrp mail /var/mail/*
chmod g+rw /var/mail/*

Nico's solution is probably better.

--
"He's out," said Pooh sadly. "That's what it is. He's not
in. I shall have to go on a fast Thinking Walk by myself.