Re: [Exim] Problem running exim after compiling with mysql s…

Author: Steve Haslam
To: Jason Lixfeld
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem running exim after compiling with mysql support
On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 08:58:21AM -0400, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> > > [root@industry SOURCES]# /services/mail/exim/bin/exim -d
> > > /services/mail/exim/bin/exim: error while loading shared libraries:
> > > libmysqlclient.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No
> > such file or
> > > directory
> > > [root@industry SOURCES]#
> > >
> > > Exim Makefile:
> > >
> > > LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes
> > > LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I /services/db/mysql/include/mysql
> > > LOOKUP_LIBS=-L /services/db/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient
> >
> > ldd /services/mail/exim/bin/exim
> >
> > Probably shows the libmysqlclient.so.11 library not found.
> >
> > Try adding -R /services/db/mysql/lib/mysql to LOOKUP_LIBS before
> > -lmysqlclient.
>
> Correct, it wasn't found. Nico Erfuth suggested adding the path to the
> ld.so.conf ; ldconfig which fixed the problem aswell. What does the -R
> option do? If that works, I would prefer to use that instead of making
> the ld.so.conf non-default.

-R <pathname> embeds <pathname> in the executable (you can see it with
objdump -p <exefile> on GNU systems), and this instructs the dynamic linker
to look for shared libs under <pathname> before the standard paths
(/etc/ld.so.conf).

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           araqnid@???