Re: [Exim] [patch] A few minor fixes/improvements.

Author: Alexander V Alekseev
To: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [patch] A few minor fixes/improvements.
        Hello!

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Kirill Miazine wrote:

> >     You pointed out, that everyone escapes {}. That's right. Why do
> > you think then, such undocumented bug should be supported? For someone,
> > who don't read the documentation?

> Because escaping { inside {} is logical NATURAL! It's just like you
> would escape a double quote inside a double quoted string.
>
> If they don't RTFM they know nothing about string expansion anyway.

    I mean, that possibility of unescaped unbalanced {} inside {}
(which is now possible) is really a bug. It's completely undocumented.
    You mean, that no one should do that. I agree, and my patch
just fixes it.
    "Nico Erfurth <masta@???>" says, that unescaped unbalanced
{} inside {} are quite possible. I disagree. That's all.

            Bye. Alex.