Re: [Exim] route_list bydns_mx

Author: D.M.Chapman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] route_list bydns_mx
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:34:30AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > I have advised them to use route by dns and list the mx hosts for now
> > but as I understand it this will send everything to the first host
> > unless it is down. This we can cope with for this particular dept but
> > when we come to more the main mailstore machine it will be a show
> > stopper :-(

> As people have pointed out, there is hosts_randomize. It isn't quite the
> same as MX ordering, but it should stop everything going to the same
> host.

Yep, hosts_randomize will help for now. I think I will hold off moving the
main mailstore machine though. We have 3 mx machines and one is somewhat
slower so I wouldn't want it getting one third of the traffic really.
Cycling between the other two seems like a step back so I'll leave it
for now.

Put us down as a vote for the host priority wishlist item :-)

Darren