Re: [Exim] timeout_frozen_after and system_filter

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: exim-users
CC: Richard.Hall
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] timeout_frozen_after and system_filter
Philip Hazel wrote:

>>>Hmmm. There's nothing after ZED in my alphabet. Do they use something
>>>different in Cambridge these days?
>>

> I do wish people wouldn't keep bringing up history. :-)

Everyone has dark secrets, even you ;)

> For the record: ZED, you may recall, was a line-by-line editor for our
> IBM mainframe, dating from the days before we had screens. (A few folk
> on this list are probably able to remember that far back.) ZED's

I saw the copyright of the ZED-docs dating back to 1979, that was the
year i was born ;), so i really can't remember the good old times, but
i'm interested in them, especially if you compare it with todays
technology ;)

> successor was E, a screen editor for the IBM mainframe, which in turn
> was superseded by NE, which I am using to write this message. Both these
> also have command features, but these days the more complicated kinds of
> thing we used to do with them are better done with Perl.

Just for the records, do you use NE for editing your sources?

> Text editing by computer has a long history in Cambridge. I traced it
> back to the early 1960s for a talk I once gave. In those days, the data
> was on paper tape. There is one editing command that has survived all
> the way from those early editors.

Mhhh, which one?

>>Ouch, I just found the docs of zed with google.
>
> Omigosh. You can't lose anything these days...

Yeah, google is nice, isn't it? ;)

ciao