Re: [Exim] timeout_frozen_after and system_filter

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nico Erfurth
CC: Richard.Hall, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] timeout_frozen_after and system_filter
On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> > Hmmm. There's nothing after ZED in my alphabet. Do they use something
> > different in Cambridge these days?

I do wish people wouldn't keep bringing up history. :-)

For the record: ZED, you may recall, was a line-by-line editor for our
IBM mainframe, dating from the days before we had screens. (A few folk
on this list are probably able to remember that far back.) ZED's
successor was E, a screen editor for the IBM mainframe, which in turn
was superseded by NE, which I am using to write this message. Both these
also have command features, but these days the more complicated kinds of
thing we used to do with them are better done with Perl.

Text editing by computer has a long history in Cambridge. I traced it
back to the early 1960s for a talk I once gave. In those days, the data
was on paper tape. There is one editing command that has survived all
the way from those early editors.

> Ouch, I just found the docs of zed with google.

Omigosh. You can't lose anything these days...