Re: [Exim] Time to choose a logo

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
CC: David
Subject: Re: [Exim] Time to choose a logo
The logo voting has been open for nearly 2 weeks. I think it is time to
close the poll now. The results are quite interesting.

Before I tell you what they are, I'd like to record grateful thanks to
both Jim Knoble and Jennifer Corley for submitting their designs. Both
sets attracted a lot of interest and discussion.

These are the 46 votes I received:

Jim Knoble                       Jennifer Corley
#1          1                    #1         1
#2          2                    #2        22
#3          0                    #3         3
#4          5                    #4         0
#5          2                    #5         3
#6          2
#7          5

TOTAL      17                              29

It is not surprising that Jim's votes are more spread than Jennifer's,
because Jim's logos were more similar to each other. Nevertheless, it is
clear that you (the voters) prefer Jennifer's to Jim's, and out of
those, #2 is the clear favourite.

I said that, in true democratic fashion, I'd look at the votes and then
make my own decision. As it happens, on balance I too prefer Jennifer's
designs, to some extent because they are more compact. So I'm happy to
go along with the majority vote and choose Jennifer's #2. Sorry, Jim.

One final thing. It was suggested that, after the choice had been made,
we have another (perhaps shorter) discussion about colours.

David: is it possible to arrange for #2 to be shown in other colours?
People seem to like blue, though for myself I'd rather keep away from
the colour O'Reilly used.