RE: [Exim] step by step guide

Author: Michael Scott Shappe
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] step by step guide
> Exim is a great MTA and I appreciate it greatly, but it would be a shame
> if its uptake in the community was limited by the inaccessibility of its
> documentation.

The new book is coming.

I've been helping to edit it, providing notes to improve technical clarity
and so on, and I think you'll find it will answer a lot of your complaints.
It goes a bit into the hows and whys of MTAs in general, and spends time on
a nice step-by-step on how Exim in particular works its magic. Philip has
done a very good job, IMO. This will be a book for beginners and experts
alike.

Yes, that means you'll have to pay for the HOWTO you're looking for, at
least for the moment. Yes, a briefer HOWTO that covers the simpler cases
step-by-step might be nice, and I'll admit that I'm actually toying with
writing one. But I need more familiarity with Exim, myself, and at the
moment, what spare time I have (not a lot, for various reasons) is devoted
to helping with the book.

--
Michael Scott Shappe <mikey@???>
Addicting the Unsuspecting to the Internet since 1987