Re: debian users w/ exim: was: Re: [Exim] step by step guide

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Glen Mehn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: debian users w/ exim: was: Re: [Exim] step by step guide
Glen Mehn wrote:

>> You should read the WHOLE documentation, i think the most people here
>> did it.
>>
>> ciao
>>
>> P.S. This is no flame, but did anyone else recognize that many debian
>> people are asking such question, and you know they never read the docs?
>>

> I am/was one of those debian people-- I'd banged my head against
> sendmail for yonks, and, finally, installed debian on my workstation as
> an eval.
>
> the debian system uses a really smart configure program that gives you
> about 4 examples of how to configure, add settings like local_domains
> host_accept_relay, etc, however, it assumes that you have at least some
> understanding of how mail works.

Maybe they shouldn't do it and tell people to read the docs.
Like i said before, this is not a flame, neither against the debian users,
nor the debian maintainers.

I just don't like the "Hi, here i'm i haven't read the docs, i don't
know anything about this stuff, but tell me how to do XXX"-attitude.

ciao