[Exim] Limiting local delivery processes

Author: Clive McDowell
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Limiting local delivery processes
Folks,

we're running Exim 3.35 on a Solaris 8 sparc platform. Users mailboxes are the trad. unix in /var/mail. This partition is proving to be a bit of a disk bottle-neck and there are times at high load when exim local appendfile processes start building up and freezing. I have to shutdown IMAP client access to give them a chance to clear. Until I can do something by way of upgrading hardware is there any way of restricting the number of concurrent processes delivering to users' inboxes?

Thanks,

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast